top of page

Fat Loss is Possible If You Get this Right

Updated: Apr 20, 2020

By Nikki Jarrett

This is no secret but it can be the most overlooked part of FAT loss.


The more consistent you become the better and faster your results will be. You need to go to the gym regularly, find ways to move a little more during your day, eat less like an asshole and more like an adult, and limit alcohol intake. This doesn’t not mean you can’t have those sweet treats, or go out with friends, or have the OCCASIONAL indulgence of your favorite food, it just can’t be everyday or every weekend.

But consistency is hard to stick to because, well, life.

Life can get in the way and we understand that. We also know that it’s not impossible either. We as coaches can be seen as “perfect” and we don’t have to try that hard for our results, blah blah blah.


When we say we know that life can throw a curve ball and try to derail your progress, we know because we’ve been there and done that.

But you are lucky, because you can learn from our mistakes! We can help you navigate pretty much ANY situation, help you get back on track, and teach you how to plan or pick the best options for you.

But the only thing we can’t do for you, is THE WORK. That’s on you!

Our best advice to you is to stay CONSISTENT.

Staying consistent means that you are adhering to you plan 80% of the time. That leaves you with 20% of wiggle room to enjoy life’s little pleasures of going out with friends and family, indulging in your favorite treat, or skipping a meal because life got in the way.

What does 80% look like?

Let’s say you eat 4 meals a day, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack because who doesn’t like a snack?!

You will have 28 meals to reach your goals.

If you adhere to the 80/20 rule, then you must follow the plan for 22.4 meals to see minimal results.

That is only 5.6 meals a week you can have off plan.

For example, you can have a piece of pizza, a scoop of ice cream, a cookie or two, a steak dinner with more butter than usual, BUT nothing crazy like a whole pizza!

But remember this also includes SKIPPING MEALS.

Skipping a meal is not following your plan. Not taking in all your calories is not following the plan!

At the end of each week you should try to hit 80%. That’s a “B” in school, a passing grade! Anything below a “B” is not going to be enough to see results. This will only leave you frustrated and ultimately quit.

Don’t be a quitter. Set small goals to help you become consistent. And STAY CONSISTENT!

Keep going and never give up on your goals.


bottom of page